Saturday, April 05, 2008

Murdered Jolanta Bledaite was earning money for dad's cancer treatment

You can read the full story here.

Maybe if this wasn't so close to home it would not seem so tragic, however I doubt it.

A young woman, living and working in a foreign country, sending money to her father who has cancer, gets killed (?). She was a lifeline to her family, the sole and only breadwinner for a total family of three; her grandmother, her father and herself. She has been cut off not only literally, she was the only link to survival for those two people depending on her.

Now there is a father who has no place under the sun in his own eyes; children are not meant to die before their parents. There is a body in a mortuary that can't be taken home, where she wanted to be all this time, because no one can afford the expenses or the journey itself.

If I could afford I would volunteer to bring her back to her father, so he could say his final goodbye to her, however hard this job would be. I would do it, but I can't afford it myself, as much as I'd like to.

My husband showed this story to me this morning on the news, I suppose one may understand better, why, normally I don't watch (or read) the news, it is simply too much for me to deal with.

My condolences go to her family today, I know this is awful, regardless of how this woman died, she was a human being, and just for that she deserved to live.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin