Sunday, February 25, 2007

On a mission to find somebody REALLY nice in the UK

Yesterday was one of those days that Sarrancolin is filled with tourists either leaving the Hautes Pyrenees or just coming for a holiday here. As I was walking my dog in the car park opposite the house between the lunching Parisians and Toulousians I watched them the same way they watch me.
Finally I dragged my mule of a dog to a little mountain river where I usually let him off for a run. Unfortunately there were children there and I could not do it, as they sometimes get scared of my over friendly Charlie.
So I just continued walking my dog looking at two cute little boys when I noticed something strange - they were throwing stones into the river. I wanted to walk away as it isn't my business but instead I walked up next to them to see what they were doing.
What an idiot! I realised they were throwing stones at trouts that live in that river. They are absolutely beautiful and I love watching them and counting them. It is banned to fish there and I admire those strange but beautiful fishes.

Unfortunately I was too much of a coward to say something. As I am not French I can not criticize French children. So the boy instead got smacked by his own father(and I have absolutely nothing to do with it) as he did not want to go back to the car when he was called. It felt awful standing there watching the scene silent like I was mute. But I honestly did not know what to do. I walked away, thinking violence breeds more violence.

Back to the title. I am looking for somebody living in the UK to get hold of The People's Friend magazine for me. I really do need a copy of it as I want to send them my short story, but I would like to know the magazine first.
So if you are out there somebody nice from the UK reading my blog right now please write to me and if you can do this favour for me I will be sure to reciprocate either by sending you money or a gift.

That is it. The week is nearly over. I have accomplished all of the tasks I set out for myself apart from starting to read and correct my book. It's not late yet I have time. I wish you all a nice closure of the week and even nicer opening of the next one.


2 comments:

B said...

I found this link online. Perhaps you could email/call and request a single copy of the magazine to review? Hope it helps!

http://www.jbwb.co.uk/pfguidelines.htm

CG said...

How come you manage to find things, online that I need in five seconds when I spend weeks looking for them? Thank you.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin