Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gifts...

This is the season to be giving gifts and one thing that I do enjoy is giving. However as always (especially since unexpected car repairs) my purse is rather starved for notes, not to worry I still have a few notes coming my way for some writing work...
Even though the gifts I give may be small I try to make them individual and actually had I had some time, I would've knitted loads of lovely scarves, but I didn't.
This small photograph is what I want to give for a dancer friend in a small but cute frame. I was thinking what to give to her, but as she is so passionate about dancing I think it would be quite cool to give this as a gift. Obviously I am not quite sure yet, but it will have to be decided soon. I'm not sending many cards, because it is environmentally unfriendly and utterly stupid, at least in my opinion any way. I find those people who hang the cards around the house so annoying it's like parading, look five hundred people know my name. Thank you, but no, thank you.

In the meantime for a few people who are interested in Feng Shui stuff I will be giving the money frog. I think with the current economic environment it is quite appropriate to give something that is meant to bring people money. I got three of those as there are three people that I know who are either worried about money or believe in Feng Shui.

I still do not know what to get for my father, but I know he loves everything with boats. I need something inexpensive and I need to get it until Sunday, as I'm going to Vilnius and I will stop by at his place on my way home.
I found this picture of a Frigate on internet and I'm thinking of getting a cup made for my dad with this Frigate on it, I think he will like it, and it does have an English falg on it, so this could work out quite nicely...
And then there are few other people. I have a few ideas and I'm sure with my minimal talents to make things I can make something really nice. So I'm off to prepare some little presents that cost little but mean so much, to those that I care about...

2 comments:

Richard said...

Gift giving can be difficult. In my case, and my family's case, we don't really need anything. In many ways that makes it much harder, I am trying hard to come up with unique, persoanl gifts. Still 9 days until Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I have sent environmentally friendly cards out to a very few close relatives and friends whom I love.

I recycle cards that have been sent to me by making collages out of them to use in photo albums or even to hang in the home, with "green" ribbons and lace, etc., and "green frames". Sometimes I make a frame by using an old card. It's fun and a neat gift to give someone!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin