Saturday, October 10, 2009

Girlie things

I was not wearing a skirt when I left the house this morning, but I was wearing my last drops of Chanel no 5 reserves. I wanted to feel like a girl and I did get to do girlie things for a change. The last few months have been very hectic, I had no or very little time for myself, it has been all about work and my family. I tried to forget myself and bury myself in work. Today, after being encouraged by my husband I did go to hairdressers, had my hair cut and coloured, and enjoyed every moment of it. Then if that was not enough I went to shops and did a little bit of shopping just for myself. I do deserve it I know, but every time I do treat myself for something I feel guilty. Maybe it is the way I was brought up or just the way I am - it is not discussion about nature over nurture, I just want to learn to do more girlie things. I am never going to be the super girlie girl but I do like having my hair cut, trying on a new pair of shoes or a dress. After all, underneath that rough surface there is a girl.
I do deserve it, I just have to keep reminding myself...

2 comments:

Richard said...

You know, I have never wanted to feel girlie.

Of boy-ee, for that matter. I wonder what men do to feel like men? My impression is that they get drunk, smoke cigars, swear, spit, and be vulgar to women.

CG said...

I only started wanting to be girlie when I turned 19 or so. Until then I think I pretended to be a boy. As for your impression of acting boy-ee I think you're wrong, but then we may be thinking in different terms of what is boy-like or man-like...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin