Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fresh Air Fund Needs YOU!

Please look at the map on the left of the post. If you live in the USA in any of those states and want to do something useful this summer, why not become a host in the Fresh Air Fund Community? I think the only requirement there is, is to love kids :)

I have written about the Fresh Air Fund before, so I am sure you don't need me to brag about it.

The thing is, even though I can not physically be there and do something I can still help and that is the greatest thing of all! Helping people really is fun!

I don't think I can describe the whole hosting business better than the fresh air fund themselves:

Host a Child
Thanks to host families who open up their homes for a few weeks each summer, children growing up in New York City’s toughest neighborhoods have experienced the joys of Fresh Air vacations.
More than 65% of all children are reinvited to stay with their host family, year after year.
Fresh Air Fund Host Families
There is no such thing as a "typical" host family. If you have room in your home - and your heart - to host a child, you could be one too.
Fresh Air children are boys and girls, six to 12 years old, who reside in low-income communities in New York City and are eager to experience the simple pleasures of life outside the city.
As one child says, "
I can’t wait to get on the bus every summer so I can see my family and go swimming and hiking!."


Please check out the Fresh Air Fund website for more information.

*This post has been written by me, with no financial encouragement, the only encouragement I had was my own conscience, as the fresh air fund actually asked me to write about them.


Have a lovely day :)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin