Friday, July 13, 2007

Birth and Death

Life is a painful performance, where you age in the process, and end up dieing in the end.

I am sure this wouldn't comfort my father who lost his eldest brother today, but that's how it is.

I have learned a lot about living, dieing, and enjoying every moment of your life from my daughter Sarah who passed away only last year. The bravest person I have ever known. She faced life with smile on her face and lived every day to the fullest, she knew what was coming and knew that everyday was a bonus and so did my fathers brother. It doesn't make it any better. Wether you are happy or miserable you are going to reach the end, some sooner some later, but it's there we all know that.

That is why today I prefer thinking about my brother and his wife, expecting their first child next month. Because it's their first this child will also be my first nephew or niece. I like the fact that I get exited about it, even today.

Because birth and death live next door to each other, and they are best friends. Because without one another they couldn't exist.

Therefor I want to enjoy, my today and tomorrow and that is as far as I can plan at this moment, at this (maybe) a little sad day. C'est la vie - French people say and that is the best conclusion, I personally would simply add - and you are not going to get out of it alive, just like everyone else.

My wish for today is very simple, I want to enjoy everyday of my life like it's the last, because one day it will be. Other people can do what they want wih their life it's not my problem. I will look after myself, my family, my friends and even my dogs. You whoever you are when you read this you should consider the idea of doing the same.


1 comment:

B said...

Life is precious and death an inevitability. But in dying, we make way for a new generation of life. The cycle is really beautiful and poignant. If we lived forever, what would the purpose be? Would we really accomplish more if we knew that there was no end to this all? Life is only important for what we do with it. And although we die, we have an undeniable opportunity to leave our mark. And I'm not talking about fame here. I'm talking about making a difference in humanity that generates a ripple effect. And yes, that starts by being a better mother, father, husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, neighbor, sister, etc.

What will be the quality of your life, not the quantity (money, etc.)...that seems to escape our thoughts when we make choices about the future. Sure, you could make more money in a different career, but is the quality of your life and others going to improve as a result?

My thoughts and wishes are with your father today, Carra. Truly, his death is touching your own life and sensibilities about life. There is a beautiful potential in that. Death is not for nothing (pardon the double negative).

You always perceive things so beautifully.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin