Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Confused, maybe lost or simply just tired

Just when the internet connection got cut off once again we realised it's time to go. We were tired of country style life we needed a change a getaway... Decision was quick - we are going back to England...
Just to find ourselves changing our minds once we arrived in Calais. I suppose, even if I hate to admit this, there is a gypsy inside of me.
And now, well I am in Spain on the Mediterranean coast. My life has thrown at me crazier surprises so I just take it as it comes.
During my indecisive running through France I managed to visit Germany, Belgium and Holland, then I manage to end up in Spain, where the sea is so blue you could drown just from looking at it, and the sky is so cloudless you could go blind...And I like it here.
Leaving France meant I'd have to say good-bye to my precious students who have become my friends and once again leaving behind books that I am hoping to pick up next week. Making friends along this long way wasn't difficult at all and to my joy I have even adopted myself a new mother and just then to my surprise my own mother remembers me out of nowhere to wish me happy birthday after over six months of ignoring me, how strange life can really be?
Obviously I wish I have done more and seen different things, but I was rather busy saving money counting all the cents and counting kilometres to our next destination.
And now just for a little while I can relax, re-read my old e-mails and contact everyone that i couldn't contact earlier...
It is rather strange that after all this bizarre marathon one can relax so easily..

While traveling I have been writing a lot, mainly poetry and this could actually inspire me to start my own poetry blog but that will only happen once we settle down. As always my head is filled with ideas and they can't wait to become the reality but for now let's just wait shall we?

So here I am in Spain pretty comfortable..

I am trying to organise myself to write a short series about my adventures...


4 comments:

B said...

Spain sounds incredible and I'm happy to hear that you are finding time to write along this journey. I know you've been through so much lately. I'm excited to see some of your poetry and hear more about your journey!

Kim/Thomas said...

and has charlie adapted to spain? :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I am jealous! Start a poetry blog! I would read it.

CG said...

B, Spain is lovely as long as there aren't too many Brits about as it seems once they leave BRITAIN they become pain in the backside...

Kim, Charlie is adapting to the climate very well!

Angela, thanks and I already started my poetry blog the link is at the top of the links menu and to make it easy I also give it here: http://starsontheeyelashes.blogspot.com/ .

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin