Monday, September 25, 2006

Dedicated to my friend, Sarah

I dedicate this post to Sarah my friend and my husband's daughter who died recently. I wanted to express how I feel, so thet maybe it would help somebody else.

It feels empty inside of me, because you are not here anymore. There is a drop of guilt why I didn’t phone one more time or say something that I should have said. I miss you so much regardless of how close or distant we were. Knowing somebody as wonderful as you in this life is a true treasure. Your strength inspires all of us. You never complained and never said a bad word against me, regardless of what happened or the circumstances. You went through this life proudly with your head up, looking forward to the future. The devastation of loosing you is enormous, and I just wish in my dreams of meeting you one more time.
You were there when nobody else was, helping me to go through the hard times. You were there advising me when my own mother turned her back towards me.
You even called me brave once, I remember, but I will never be as brave as you were. I cry but it doesn’t help and I know that you wouldn’t like it so I stop.
After all I hope you don’t have pain anymore. Life sometimes doesn’t give us enough, but I believe that you took out of it everything you could.
I love you Sarah.

3 comments:

B said...

So beautiful, Carra. I'm thinking of you during this difficult time. Your strength, beauty, and sincerity have touched my life tremendously, as I'm sure they touched Sarah's life. It is amazing...the impact we have upon others. Sarah will undoubtedly be a part of you forever, despite her physical absence her on earth. Take care of yourself darling. I am looking forward to Paris in two weeks, more than you know!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Carra. I am thinking of you and your husband.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful dedication! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin