Monday, May 22, 2006

Hats! Hats! Hats!

There is a special part in heart that has been taken over by Hats! I don’t own that many (only 15) but the collection is improving slowly. I love hats and I love wearing them. On Wednesday before my birthday, my husband bought me two hats in the market as an early present, the hat salesman actually put the hat on my head the way it suited me best!
I own a beautiful red beret that I got from my friend in Paris which I LOVE. There are many hats that come from eBay as well! When it comes to hats it doesn’t bother me whether they are new or old as long as they are beautiful.
Tonight while browsing through eBay, I discovered this beautiful site: http://frederique.edeline.free.fr/cariboost1 as I understand this woman is a milliner and I looked through her site carefully! I loved all the hats but most of all I was attracted to the 2005 autumn collection. It is probably the price as they are not extremely expencive and I could possibly afford them, but this woman is in Dijon! Which is miles and miles away. I added the site to my favourites list to make sure I do not loose it! One day I might just be going to Dijon and the visit that woman’s boutique would be a must!
I wear hats for few reasons:
1. I did it since childhood, because my mother allways wore hats
2. My hair is really dark and attracts sunlight, once I had sunstroke ,and I do not fancy having it again.
3. It is stylish and people remember you, just the other day I visited a shop in Lannemezan and the shopkeeper actually asked: ’where is that beautiful hat you wore the other day?’
I am not one of those people who enjoy being in the centre of attention all the time, but I do like my sense of style (which I discovered not so long time ago) and I stick to it.
I don’t see many people wearing hats these days even during the winter! As the most of my readers are female I would advise you to wear hats at least during the cold winter months as the cold damages your hair over the years! Yes we do not like hats because your hair ends up flat, but do you know that it is appropriate to wear a hat anywhere until 6pm? Women are aloud to wear hats everywhere (including restaurants). So if you were ever considering an idea of wearing a hat but hesitant I just gave you a few reasons to do so!
I hope one day I will have a big home (and definitely a house keeper) where I can have a HUGE collection of shoes, handbags and hats!
But it is a dream and I do not need a lot to be happy! So far only fifty or so pairs of shoes thirty handbags and fifteen hats I am not too demanding am I?
I actually looked in Wikipedia for articles about hats and that’s what I found: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hats_and_headgear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hathttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headgear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat
P.S. The photos are enclosed just to prove that I DO wear hats!

5 comments:

B said...

You are so beautiful...with and without hats! Thanks for sharing those photos! GREAT hats!!!

I love this post. I really like hats but you will be disappointed to hear that I only have one measely hat! I like hats but they aren't worn as much here in the Pacific Northwestern part of the U.S. (and stinking baseball hats don't count!) so there isn't a great selection. But the two you are wearing in the photos are great. And although I've told myself a few times before that I can't pull off hats too well, this post inspired me to try again! :-)

And I love your sense of style. You have that sweet, feminine thing going on in the first photo and then that edgy and urban thing going on in the second. I really like going between those two looks, for I myself love the feminine/sweet but also love to edgy/urban/sexy.

Kim/Thomas said...

One of my friends has a room (a whole bedroom) for all her shoes..she calls it "the shoe room" her shoe room, has a closet, for all the hats and bags she has too!
maybe someday, you too will have a shoe room:)
kim:o)

Anonymous said...

Great hat! There's nothing quite like a European wedding to bring out the hats in every woman's wardrobe, it seems. They should come out more often, as you have shown us!

Anonymous said...

I love hats too! Yours are beautiful and I love your style.

B said...

Okay, I am returning to comment on this post as it is one of my favorites. Your love of hats and the beautiful portraits in this post just make me smile again and again. You have such a lovely, whimsical way!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin