Monday, November 17, 2008

Food and career

I write a lot about food and catering business. In fact I visit restaurants and cafes almost every day, as it is directly related to my work. However the more I seem to learn about the food the less time I have to enjoy it. In fact I'm constantly learning something related to food, but that equals eating less and less. It is a rather bizarre combination considering, that knowing is not enough and experience has to come with it, but experience in this area can only come by not learning the theory, but also gaining enough practice.

When you think about it, it's quite ridiculous, like being a food critic while never actually tasting the food!

I keep getting these invitations, for seminars and wine tasting party, but I just can't get to do it, no time = no experience, while the food expertise is a very important element of my work.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin