Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Portrait Of A Lady

Beautiful costumes but utterly boring. Probably the most boring film I've seen in my entire life. Usually the name Nicole Kidman in the leading role meant (at least to me) that it is going to be a fascinating film. This however was an exception to the rule.

The film was so slow in everything that it was in a sense good for watching at bed time, because anyone, watching this while being tired at the end of the day would fall asleep.

I can not deny the costumes were lovely, but the whole plot, what were they thinking? The love is not love and there is no other real love, everything is cold, characters are more like paper dolls than real people. It is very true, that Nicole, did her best in trying to be this cold emotionless creature, but it did not work in fact not one character did, not one relationship made sense.

I was so bored with this film, that I feel bored just writing about it, and then, why should I write about it? We all know I'd rather praise than condemn, so I think the message is clear, this film is not to be watched unless you are trying to fall asleep. Tally 100% dull.

1 comment:

Admin said...

I have never seen it, and I have no intention of doing so. :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin