Saturday, July 26, 2008

Working = Writing


"She stood by the big polished window, like every other Tuesday night. Staring at the couples inside twisting and
turning to the music of Tango..."

This is an excerpt from a story I have been intending to write for ages. Of course, instead of doing that, I start writing another story, before finishing the previous one. Regardless of all that, I find short story medium much more suitable for me at this time, than taking on a big project. It may be due to my laziness or to a fact, that lately I've been mainly writing articles, so writing a 16 thousand symbol story seems much easier than filling hundreds of pages of a book.

Or this all could be, because of the immense influence of Ernest Hemingway over me, I can't explain why, but it seems the right thing to do. Even if there are many unfinished projects lying around.
When it comes to Hemingway he is like my role model in the writing sense, I don't particularly fancy becoming a man, but I do fancy the idea of just becoming half as good as he ever was. That is why I often remind myself that Ernest did not publish his first novel until he was 27 years old, even though he had many more fascinating adventures than I ever expect to have.

So, my plan is to write loads of short stories until I am 25 and then try collect a book from them and attempt approaching the publishers again. Since the last time I have much more experience to add on my very small introduction letter and I think, the next time I'm going to do it, it's going to work. I have 4 templates for the stories I want to write in my mind, but I just don't know how to get round to do that.

Having said that on Monday I am sending off Mr. Weatherman to agents yet again, I have much more going or me now, and Mr, Weatherman has been edited and re-edited so many times, that if it has not reached the perfection level yet, it never will. So keep your fingers crossed and lets hope that the future holds many bright things for me in store...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin