Friday, October 12, 2007

Looking for something

Today my husband and I went to view a house. The house is in a very quite area, with a fully fenced garden, and very quaint.
Unfortunately it is also in the middle of nowhere, miles from a bakery and other everyday necessities. Even though th building is lovely and rustic, there is no telephone line installed , nor are there any possibilities of acquiring a broadband internet connection. Good thing, it's cheap.

Unfortunately even though it is just as charming as the Weasley's house in Harry Potter , I am not Mrs. Weasley and I do not have a wand that would make my dishes wash on their own, or knitting needles to do the job for me.
Even though I am attempting, seriously and honestly to be more in tune with nature, running away from the civilization does not seem a like a solution either.

Strange thing is, yet again I am feeling an urge to move. There is a part from me, that wants to stay here in Spain for another year, but deep inside of me I know, this is not a place for me.

If only I could find a cheap old cottage in England, that would be run down yet good enough to live in, with a beautiful overgrown garden full of flowers and herbs, maybe then I could talk my husband into going back to England...

On the other hand I could go anywhere. I posted my CV on Lithuanian employment site, to see what they have to offer, and so far I got nothing. Not that I am tempted to go back to Lithuania, the place just makes my head spin! I mean people are mean!

I don't know how am I going to settle this, but that house we viewed today, with all it's flaws looks tempting, it is warm and welcoming and it is a home, sadly it is not my home.

You can view the property here

2 comments:

Richard said...

What! No pictures of this rustic cottage?

My ideal home would be on the side of a mountain overlooking a lake, where I could watch the deer in the morning mist taking a drink

Moving out of the city is even harder with kids, you don’t want to deprive them of decent amenities (on the other hand, my wife always tells me she is a city girl, not a country girl).

(The magic word was szkoide, which reminds me of szkoda, which, in Polish, when used as an interjection means "that's a pity" or "too bad")

CG said...

I do apologise Richard, I added a link at the bottom of the post where you can view the pictures, and other details of the property.
Living in the country is lovely, but I feel intellectually robbed, especially when the nearest city is 200 km away!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin