Thursday, February 19, 2009

Candy

I was inspired by Richard from the forbidden planet to share my favourite childhood program. It was called Candy Candy and it was the first ever modern cartoon I saw in my life. It is a story about an orphan girl of enormous strength and courage, it also involves love, friendship even war. In fact it includes all the elements a good story needs. I looked on youtube.com to find some episodes that had English subtitles, and was really lucky to find some, as originaly the anime was never translated into English... I chose the first episode of the series, to introduce you to my childhood heroine... If you want to find out more check out the wikipedia article on Candy Candy.




I was addicted to this show for years, and god knows how many tears I shed when it was over! It filled the grey evenings of my childhood with happiness...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin